Monday, January 26, 2009

Busy Work


As a teacher I've come in contact with students often being assigned "busy work", which is basically an assignment given to them to keep busy, there's no real objective and it can go from drawing and painting whatever you want to a last minute "projects". It happens quite often when there is an absent teacher or when teachers just don't prepare their classes and cannot figure what to do to end up their scheduled time. Well...I had some busy work of my own this weekend, I had no inspiration whatsoever and didn't even feel like picking up a pencil since last Friday, but I still felt the need to "make" something so the weekend would not end up as a big bust. So, I looked for an old turqouise knit sweater that had not seen the light of day for years and I started unraveling it and getting these amazing looking balls of yarn. Now the question is, What to do with all this yarn? Some of it might end up in chunkies or in bookmarks, I'm planning on crocheting some small bags for another project -that with my crocheting skills might take up a couple of months to get completed!-, and some other bits might end up traveling with my future swaps and trades. For the first time I'll have to say "Yay for busy work!" even if the yarn ends up lasting for years who can complain of the beauty of all of these balls put together.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

You are very talented! I found you while blog hopping on the gypsy caravan. stop by my blog and enter the drawing, Leslie

Pretty Things said...

Oh gosh, I did this not that long ago. I can't just sit and watch TV, my hands have to DO something.

Sometimes I swear I knit things just to tear them apart and knit something else again. Rinse and repeat.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :)