Thursday, August 27, 2009

Monochromatic Women

It's going to be two years this September that I first learned about ATCs and how has time passed. I have a great collection of art including ATCs, bookmarks, chunkies, inchies, matrioshka dolls, altered houses, art dolls... and there are still lots of things I haven't even tried yet, I'm still looking forward to trading rolos, journals, and pendants!

One of the things I had not tried before either was hosting my own swap and I finally decided to give it a try, I chose "Monochromatic Women" as my theme and I was extremely lucky because an amazing group of artists joined and the art I have already received is just marvelous.



These are my first 2 cards for the swap, the red one has an image of a sunflower which I altered, some sunflower stamps and a packing tape transparency with white ink. The blue card has an acrylic background with an air mail sticker and a packing tape transparency with white ink. I still have to work on 1 more card to add 3 to the swap. I want to take pics of all the cards I get so I can share them with you :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great being a part of your first swap! It must be wonderful to see all of those cards up close and personal. BTW, I love your red-woman card.

itsamistry said...

Those are great Jen. Kay and nuttynanner keep pestering me to host my first swap but I just haven't got the time - well that's my excuse anyway.

Cheryl Ann said...

Wonderful cards!

Isn't trading art with people from all around the world the coolest thing ever?
Not only do we have amazing collections, but there is a personal connection to every piece and wonderful friendships are born!

You have a beautiful blog. :)

Annette Q said...

These are so pretty! I really must get into ATC creating and trading...it sounds like good fun!

Clipping Path said...

I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :)