Monday, July 27, 2009

Portrait of a Fairy


Ok, so this is what I picture the portrait of a fairy looks like ;)
This one is for Deb.

*I started with a vintage playing card that had a character from one of Jane Austen's books -I cannot remember which character though-.

*I gessoed over the image, added light peach and purple squares of tissue paper all over the rest of the card, and finally rubbed a bit of metallic blue paint over it.

*I painted over the original image with my acrylics and added two butterfly wings from a rub-on I had lying around (I think I need to seal them though, so I can make sure it doesn't peel off)

*I ended it with acrylic blue squares and rectangles outlined with black and white ink and some pieces of metallic paper on top.

I like to play with collage and mixed media a lot, granted it does not always comes out as I had earlier planned...check in tomorrow to see what I mean.

1 comment:

Pretty Things said...

Do you know the first thing I thought? "A city fairy! How cool!" I thought that because I envisioned those blue blocks as windows in New York.

And LOL at the Jane Austen books, considering the blog post of mine you just came from! :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :)