Saturday, February 14, 2009

Gerbera Daisy

After sunflowers gerbera daisies are my most favorite flowers ever. There's something so nice and cheerful when it comes to their colors. Unfortunately our daisies have been a bit under the weather with all the constant temperature changes and this one was the one that looked the most "cheerful" part when I went hunting into the garden this afternoon with my camera, but it will do just fine to wish you a fun Vanletine's day :)
Moving into the art part now... I worked today in these small watercolor paintings of gerberas, they are 2"x2" (twinchies!) and they took a loooonnnnngggg time to get ready, it's so difficult to get details into such a tiny canvas. I have one of this for sale on my Etsy, I'm thinking I want
to hold on to the other one for a while; I used Ranger's memory glass and frames to make the pendants and I quite like how they turned out. I still have more frames and glass so I'm hoping to make others soon, any requests??
































PS. I cannot write this post without thanking Lisa at
yourATCstore.com, I bought the frames over at her store and I received extraordinary service and a fair price-particularly considering I'm international and all other stores had really ridiculous shipping costs for these tiny frames, not to mention the great freebies she sent along.

4 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Jenn, your twinchies are grand and I must say the 2 X 2 has sparked a bit of inspiration in me this morning. And now it is # 17 on my list. Yes, I wrote it down. Thanks and I'm gong to check that link.

Calv said...

These are lovely Jenn, the daisy is my favourite flower too, i like the ordinary white ones though..big ones!

Look great with the frame around them. Thanks for sharing them.

Deb said...

I stopped by the othr day and saw these. Could have sworn that I left a comment about them.

I am drawn to these mini pieces of art, Jenn. The colors that you chose were perfect. Just beautiful. The first one is calling me.

Lori said...

your paintings are lovely...i really am amazed by the details on such a tiny small work surface...i love the gerbera daisy too, the colors are so bright and cheery...such a happy flower!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :)